October 26, 2016
Tips of the Week
- Nic - sign up for Talking Drupal’s new Newsletter to receive bonus material at www.talkingdrupal.com
- John - Consider upgrading your Mac before buying a new one. A Memory upgrade and/or solid state drive can make an old machine new again.
- Stephen - Look for local meet ups. It’s a great place to learn and make new Drupal friends.
- What is an API? A contract between two applications.
- Client side vs server side access to third party APIs
- Evaluating APIs
- Is the API well documentation.
- Use tools to test the API before you invest time in writing code - (chrome extensions) Advances REST Client, Postman
- Relationship with company providing the API. Do you have access to technical support?
- Authentication - authentication methods, depends of the API
- Interested in an API - look for a Drupal modules first, before coding one yourself
Module of the Week:
The Drupal 8 Core CKEditor is missing some very important options.
nLightened Design specializes in designing, developing and fulfilling your web marketing needs.
Crafting digital experiences with passion & purpose. We connect you and your audience in a more meaningful way by leveraging the open source power of Drupal and WordPress.
Parallax Information Technology
Parallax Information Technology is a web development agency providing services since 1996 to small and and Fortune 100 companies.
Add new comment