July 15, 2015
- Why we are talking about Drupal 8 today? (I should hit pushed record)
- Drupal 8 - Status, is there an official status
- It’s done when it’s done
- Are customers asking?
- How does an agency prepare?
- When does an agency prepare?
- What happens when it comes out…what is your criteria for using it?
- Nic - August 31
- John - September 21
- Tim - August 19
- Stephen - Oct 10
Drupal Release Date - https://drupalreleasedate.com/
Module of the Week:
Bean is an acronym that stands for Block Entities Aren't Nodes.
What is Bean?
Think of a Bean as a method to provide new types (compared to node this would be a content type) which then provides an add content interface to create as many blocks as you require (see screenshot below). The bean content can then be placed around the site just like any other block.
Beans were driven by the API first. This means that you can create block types (bean types) all in a plugin class turning off the UI. The entire configuration in code. No worry about feature reverts.