December 20, 2014
The Night Before DrupalCon
- Twas the night before DrupalCon
- When all through the hotel, Not a developer was coding, not even Crel
- The Coffee Mugs were placed by the laptops with care, In hopes that our Dries, soon would be there
- The speakers were nestled all snug in their beds, While visions of Drupal 8 RC danced in their heads
- and my boss in his t-shirt and I in mine too just sat down to the bar to throw back a brew
- When out in the hall there arose such a clatter, I sprang from my stool to see what was the matter
- out to the hall I stumbled and fell, tore up my new DrupalCon t-shirt and and exclaimed “oh hell”
- When, what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a bright yellow taxi driven by a man with a beard, with a spiky haired passenger wearing glasses and jeans I knew in a moment it must be Dries
- More rapid than Varnish his contributors they came. and he commented, and messaged and called them by name: Now JJeff! now Quicksketch now Webchick and Nicxvan
- On MerlinofChaos On Stella On KarenS and Eaton! To finish the beta blockers, YES, finish them all, Now Code away! Code away! Code away all!
- As I held my last brew and was turning around, into the hotel Dries came with a bound.
- He was dressed in the typical geek turn CEO garb, but wrinkled and untidy from his trip across the pond.
- One-strapping the pack of tech on his back he looked like a man that could use a night cap.
- His eyes how they twinkled! His smile how Merry! His glasses were awesome, kind of like Drew Carey.
- His code and ideas are legend you know, from a dorm room in Antwerp to a board room so quick, if you think it was luck, you just missed the trick.
- With 10 Years of DrupalCon and no signs of slowing, we’re expecting Drupal 8 to keep this show going.
- I see in his face, years of spearheading his vision, from Drupal 1 to 7, it’s been a community mission.
- A wink of his eye and a twist of his head soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread.
- He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work, and filled all the coffee cups, then turned with a twerk
- The ding of the elevator, up to his room he went. To rest his head before his keynote event
- but I heard him exclaim as he walked out of sight Happy DrupalCon to all and to all a good night.